Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Character Profile: Dante

The character Dante was actually a collaborative effort between myself and the actor who plays him James Eaglesham. During my script writing process one day during calculus (yes I know tsk tsk for not doing calc) he and I were talking about his character because I knew I wanted James to play my bad guy in the movie. I had already wanted to have my bad guy be an arms dealer (for I had already written a good chunk of my script) but he was lacking in both a name and character quirks that would really make his character interesting. We tossed around a lot of ideas and while not coming up with his name we came up with some really good quirks. The name for Dante was originally supposed to be for Jordan Mathew's character but I decided it was just such a cooler name for a bad guy than a good (well sorta) guy thus the name switch and Jordan's character name becoming Diego

Character Bio: Dante first and foremost is an arms dealer. But one with bigger plans than most. He is not content with just selling guns and ammo to people who are already fighting. He purposely starts wars between people and then will sell guns to both sides along with medical supplies to keep the war going for as long as possible. As you can see. Not a very nice guy. He however, in public puts on a very good face and even gives money to charity so is considered a good guy by people in his community. He also is a raving psychopath who's underlying madness sometimes breaks out and can be seen from his otherwise cool and collected manor. He also is a coke addict who's addiction possibly contributes to his madness. He also is a huge Stravinsky fan which is fitting because Stravinsky himself was also mad. Dante also has a very quick and large temper that is displayed especially when O'reilly (Zack Bend) brings him some bad news.

1 comment:

  1. What a diabolical character! Well-developed character, great name, and excellent blog entry, Robbie.

    ReplyDelete