Total Pageviews
Thursday, March 31, 2011
So, why do I like character driven drama?
My film is all about the characters. While I do develop the plot and I make the story interesting it is really all about the characters. Especially the three main ones, Michael, Jimmy, and Paulie. The reason I am doing this is for several reasons. One I just like character driven drama haha. Two I think its more interesting when it's all about the interaction between the characters. You grow attached to the characters and it almost feels like you are going through the story and experiences with them. Also lets just face it, really well done and enriched characters are just so much cooler than generic archetypes that just fill a hole in a plot line. I like to spice things up a bit and so sometimes you don't really know if someone is good or bad. It's just so much more interesting and makes for a better story in my opinion. So if your looking for a movie that's all about the plot then sorry you're out of luck. But if you like cool and interesting characters than stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a very interesting analysis of why character development can really make or break a movie - Penny Chick (a community journal reviewer)
ReplyDelete